Spanish roasted cod with chorizo and Persimon®
Serves 2 | prep 50 minutes | total time
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80g chorizo, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 Persimon®, trimmed and sliced
- 2 x 150g cod loin fillets
- 2 pinches smoked paprika
- 150g fine green beans or asparagus, trimmed
- flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the oil into a roasting tin and add the chorizo slices, garlic, red onion and Persimon®. Toss together, then roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Put the cod loin fillets on top of the chorizo mixture and drizzle the rest of the olive oil on top. Season with salt and smoked paprika. Return to the oven to roast for a further 10-12 minutes, until the fish is cooked.
Tip For something more hearty, stir 1 x 400g tin of rinsed cannellini beans through the chorizo
mixture before putting the fish fillets on top.
- When there is 5 minutes left, cook the beans or asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for
4-5 minutes. Drain well and serve with the roasted fish, chorizo and Persimon® mixture, garnished with sprigs of parsley.