Serves 2 | total time 20 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small aubergine, trimmed and diced into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 1 x 260g pack 2 Taste the Difference flame-baked garlic and coriander naans
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste, from a 90g jar
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 x 125g Abergavenny soft goats’ cheese, sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- zest of 1 small lemon
- small handfuls of basil and mint leaves
- chilli oil, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat, add the aubergine, season and fry for 3 minutes until golden. Sprinkle over the spice and fry for 2 minutes more until browned. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange the naans on a baking tray. Fold the tomato paste through the crème fraîche, then spread over the naan. Top with the aubergine and goats' cheese and season with black pepper. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until warmed through.
- Remove and scatter with the spring onions, lemon zest and herbs. Drizzle over a little chilli oil to serve.
￼A fabulous fusion of flavours