Mustardy mushroom stroganoff
Serves 2 | total time
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 125g basmati rice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g mixed mushrooms, sliced according to size
- ½ x 300ml pot lighter crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 100g baby leaf spinach, roughly shredded
- Briefly soften the spring onions in 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium saucepan. Tip in the rice and cook for 1 minute; add a pinch of salt and 300ml boiling water. Stir, pop the lid on, reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, soften the onion in the rest of the oil for 5-6 minutes in a frying pan; add the garlic, mushrooms, seasoning and 2 tablespoons water. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add the crème fraîche, mustard and most of the tarragon to the mushrooms and heat gently, adding a little water if needed to get a saucy consistency.
Tip Make this extra special with a 200g pack of Taste the Difference Speciality Mushrooms, containing varieties such as shiitake, enoki and maitake
- Stir the spinach into the rice and replace the lid for a minute or two until it has wilted.
- Spoon the stroganoff onto a bed of greened-up rice; scatter over the rest of the tarragon.