Lemon, pineapple and herb-roasted chicken
Serves 2 | total time
- 100g fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 lemons, 1½ juiced, ½ sliced
- 2 large chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- 100g baby leaf spinach, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, mash the pineapple to a rough pulp, then add the olive oil, oregano and the juice from 1 ½ lemons.
- Add the chicken, turn to coat and put in the fridge to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Put the marinated chicken together with the marinade in a shallow roasting tray, skin side up, and season lightly. Add the lemon slices and cook in the hot oven for 30-40 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for around 5-7 minutes, until tender. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken with the Tenderstem broccoli, spinach and the roasted lemon slices.