John West tuna and basil Greek-style salad
Serves 2 | prep 25 mins | total time
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 100ml boiling water
- 50g cous cous
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 50g black olives
- a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 1 x 130g pack John West Infusions tuna with basil
- fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Rub a little of the olive oil over the pepper, pop onto an oven tray and roast for 10-20 minutes or until charred. Once cooked, place into a freezer bag and leave until cooled.
- Once cooled pour the juices from the pepper into a measuring jug through a sieve and make up to 100ml with boiling water. Add the cous cous and lemon zest and heat in a microwave for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave, cover and leave until required. Meanwhile, peel off the skin from the pepper and chop into strips and keep to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, black olives and the reserved roasted pepper strips. Drizzle over the olive oil, add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Break the cooled cous cous up with a fork, before adding the parsley and feta. Mix the cous cous into the chopped salad and then transfer to a serving bowl. Finally scatter over the tuna with basil and garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.