Halloumi fattoush salad
Photograph by Martin Poole
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 2 pitta breads
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- 1 tbsp sumac (optional)
- 1 x 270g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 200g pack radishes, sliced 6 spring onions, sliced
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, shredded
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp torn mint leaves
- 2 x 250g packs halloumi
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Open each pitta, tear into pieces and spread on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sumac and some salt. Bake for 5-6 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes and veg into a bowl. Mix the lemon zest with the sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl; set aside. Stir the remaining oil with the lemon juice, remaining sumac and mint; season. Pour over the salad and toss.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Cut each pack of halloumi into 8 thick slices; brush with the extra oil. Cook the halloumi in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate; pour over the chilli mixture.
- Add the pitta crisps and halloumi to the salad and serve.