Flavour-bomb pizzaSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
Our former food assistant Ailsa says: 'I tend to throw everything left in the fridge on top of a pizza at the end of the week. Super-punchy ingredients, like chillies and chorizo, work brilliantly – and adding honey to the chorizo gives a sweet, crunchy finish.’
- 1 batch pizza dough (see step 1 in the recipe)
- 6 mini cooking chorizo
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 200g Taste the Difference spicy Italian sausage and tomato pasta sauce
- 150g ready-grated mozzarella
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 8 whole pickled green chillies
- 12 green pitted olives, smashed
- 1 tbsp basil-infused oil or olive oil
- 1 x 125g buffalo mozzarella ball, drained
- Make the pizza dough of your choice - choose from either our overnight pizza dough or our quick pizza dough. Preheat the oven to as hot as it will go, about 240°C, fan 220°C, gas 9, with 2 large, flat baking trays in the oven.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and cut into small dice. Add to a small frying pan; cook over a low heat (no oil needed) for around 10 minutes so they crisp up and the fat begins to melt. Switch off the heat and mix in the honey; set aside.
- Roll and shape the pizza dough into 2 large pizza bases about 30cm each in diameter on a large square of baking paper (see box page 48). Spread the sauce evenly over each base and scatter the grated mozzarella on top. Add the fennel, green chillies and olives and drizzle over the basil oil. If using the quick pizza dough, let the pizzas rise for 10-15 minutes before baking.
- Transfer the pizzas to the preheated baking trays and bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes. As soon as they come out of the oven, tear over the mozzarella and scatter over the chorizo along with a bit of the honeyed oil from the pan.