Chorizo ‘niçoise’ salad
Serves 2 | total time
- 200g green beans
- 2 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 2 slices of rustic bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 mini cooking chorizo, halved lengthways
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp finely sliced pitted green olives
- 1 plum tomato, halved, deseeded and cut into strips
- Cook the green beans in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes; remove using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl of ice-cold water. Bring the water back to the boil, add the eggs and simmer for 7 minutes, then add to the cold water with the beans. When cool, drain, peel and quarter.
- Toss the bread with ½ tablespoon oil; toast in a frying pan for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate; add the chorizo to the pan and fry for 5-6 minutes until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining oil, garlic, sugar and vinegar. Stir in the olives; season. In a large bowl, toss the beans, chorizo and tomato with the dressing; add the bread and toss. Spoon onto plates; top with the eggs.