Chilli bean burritos
Serves 4 | total time
- 3 large vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 red onion, finely diced
- juice of 1⁄2 lime
- 4 large plain tortilla wraps
- 75g iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 x 250g pouch cooked rice
- 1 x 395g tin mixed beans in mild chilli sauce
- 75g vegetarian cheddar, coarsely grated
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- Make a quick fresh salsa by combining the tomatoes, red onion and lime juice, plus seasoning to taste.
- Lay out the tortillas on a board and scatter on the lettuce and avocado. Divide the rice between the tortillas, crumbling with your fingers to break up any lumps. Spoon on the mixed beans in chilli sauce, then top with the cheddar, some salsa and a drizzle of soured cream.
- Roll up the tortillas, tucking in the ends to enclose the filling. Cut in half to serve, with extra salsa on the side.
A satisfyingly hearty meat-free burrito.