Chicken & Parma Ham Wellingtons
Serves 4 | prep 45 mins | total time
- 2 large chicken breast fillets
- 2 tsp cranberry sauce
- 50g Brie, cut into 6 thin slices
- 1 x 133g pack of 10 Parma Ham slices
- 4 pork sausages, skins removed
- 20g dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 x 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- roasted on-the-vine tomatoes and rocket leaves, to serve, optional
- Heat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each chicken breast almost in half, slicing them along one long side. Open out like a book, cover with cling film and bash with a rolling pin to flatten slightly to an even thickness.
- Spread each one with a teaspoon of cranberry sauce then top with 3 slices of Brie. Fold the chicken back over to completely enclose the filling.
- Lay out 3 slices of Parma ham on a board, slightly overlapping. Sit a filled chicken breast on top and wrap the ham around it. Repeat for a second parcel.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the ham-wrapped chicken for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and cool for 10 minutes, so that they won’t cause the pastry to melt.
- Meanwhile, mix the sausage meat, cranberries and thyme in a small bowl with seasoning.
- Unroll the pastry and cut half, to give 2 shorter rectangles (not lengthways). Spread the sausage mixture over each pastry rectangle, leaving a 1.5cm border. Brush the border with beaten egg.
- Sit a chicken breast widthways on each pastry rectangle and wrap the pastry around to completely enclose like a parcel. Place, seam-side down, on the baking tray. Brush all over with beaten egg then lightly score the top of each Wellington using the tip of a knife.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden brown. Cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, tear the remaining Parma ham slices into pieces and fry in a clean frying pan over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until just frazzled.
- Cut each Wellington into 6 slices and serve on warmed plates, topped with the frazzled Parma ham. Serve with roasted tomatoes and rocket leaves, if liked.
Sponsored: Chicken Wellington with Parma Ham