Cheese and sausage baguette
Serves 4 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 4 thick pork cumberland sausages
- 1 large red pepper, dessed and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 large crusty whole baguette, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 medium Cheddar cheese slices by Sainsbury's
- 1 x bag salad to serve
- Grill the sausages under a medium - hot grill or on the edge of a hot barbecue for 15-20 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toss the pepper and onion slices in the oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook in a cast iron skillet over a high heat for 8-10 minutes until tender and lightly charred in places, stirring occasionally. Mix the mayonnaise and mustard together and place in a small bowl.
- Split the baguettes down the middle. Slice the hot sausages and pile into the baguettes with the chargrilled pepper and onion. Top with the cheese slices and serve immediately or pop under a hot grill for a few seconds until the cheese melts. Serve with the mustard mayonnaise and salad.