Lamb flatbreads with Greek pesto
- 10g basil leaves
- 25g feta
- 25g pitted green olives
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 200g courgettes, cut lengthways into thin slices
- 300g lean lamb steaks
- 2 Greek-style flatbreads
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat houmous
- about 20g wild rocket
Step by step
- To make the pesto, put the basil leaves, feta and olives in a mini food processor with 1 tablespoon of the oil and blitz to a sauce. Season with pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Brush the courgette strips with the remaining oil. Griddle the courgette strips for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are soft and scorched with griddle marks. Transfer to a bowl.
- Brush the lamb steaks with 1 tablespoon of the pesto and then griddle for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan to a board and cover with foil. Set the lamb aside to rest while you heat the flatbreads.
- Griddle the flatbreads in the same pan for around a minute on each side.
- Slice the lamb into chunky strips. To serve, put the warm flatbreads on plates and top with the houmous, rocket and courgette ribbons. Top with the lamb and the remaining pesto.