- 40g butter
- 125g dark muscovado sugar
- 150ml double cream
- sea salt
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 small bananas, peeled and sliced
- 50g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 4 Askey’s Café Curls wafers, to serve
Put the butter, sugar, cream and a pinch of sea salt into a small pan and bring to the boil, stirring to make a smooth sauce. Bubble for 1 minute until thickened slightly; leave to cool.
Add a little of the sauce to the base of 4 glasses, top with a scoop of ice cream, then add the banana slices and pecans. Top with another scoop of ice cream and spoon over the remaining sauce. Finish with a wafer.