Strawberry chia shake
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- 400ml almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 strawberries
- 2 sprigs of mint leaves, plus extra to finish
- 1 x 250g carton coconut cream
- Put the chia seeds into a large lidded jar. Pour over the milk, add the vanilla and ground cinnamon. Put on a tight-fitting lid and shake well. Leave to stand for 10 minutes, shaking occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice a few strawberries and put to one side. Blend the remaining strawberries in a liquidiser or blender with the mint leaves until smooth.
- To serve, spoon the soaked chia seeds and liquid into 4 glasses. Spoon a layer of coconut cream on top followed by a layer of the strawberry purée. Top with the strawberry slices and finish with a few small mint leaves.