Black magic Halloween Bellini
Serves 4 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 300g blackberries
- 30g caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp black food colouring gel
- chilled Prosecco, to serve
- Set aside 8 blackberries for garnish and place the remainder in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon of sugar, the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of water. Cook over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, and the blackberries have mostly broken down; about 6-8 minutes.
- Press the blackberry mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Chill until needed. In a small bowl, mix the sugar with the black food colouring. Press the rims of 4 flutes into the black sugar to coat. Divide the puree between the sugar-rimmed flutes and top up with chilled Prosecco to serve. Garnish with 2 blackberries per glass.