Serves 4-6 | prep 20 mins plus chilling | total time
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 75g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp Marsala wine
- 300ml double cream by Sainsbury's
- 8 tbsp cold black coffee
- 1 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 10-12 sponge fingers
- 400g strawberries, hulled
- 50g dark chocolate, finely grated, plus extra chocolate shavings to decorate
- Place the mascarpone in a large bowl and beat in the caster sugar and Marsala wine with a wooden spoon or spatula until very smooth. Gradually beat in the double cream.
- Mix the coffee and liqueur in a shallow dish. Dip half the sponge fingers in the coffee mixture and arrange in the base of a straight-sided glass bowl (about 1.2 litres capacity). You may need to cut them to fit.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the sponge fingers. Slice 150g of the strawberries and arrange on top. Sprinkle over the grated chocolate.
- Dip the rest of the sponge fingers in the coffee mixture and arrange over the grated chocolate. Gently spread over the remaining mascarpone mixture. Halve the rest of the strawberries and pile on top of the tiramisu. Scatter over the chocolate shavings. Chill for 1 hour in the fridge before serving.