Strawberry Daiquiri pavlova
Serves 8 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 4 large egg whites
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
For the topping
- 400g strawberries, hulled
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp white rum
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 150g redcurrants
Make to the end of step 3 a couple of days ahead; store the meringue in an airtight container.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, fan 120°C, gas 1. In a large, clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Gradually whisk in the sugar, then the cornflour and vinegar.
- Pile the meringue on to a baking tray lined with baking paper to form a circle roughly 22cm in diameter. Make swirls and peaks in the meringue.
- Bake for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and leave the meringue inside until both the oven and the meringue are completely cold.
- For the topping, slice the strawberries. Next whip the cream with the icing sugar, rum and lime juice until it forms soft peaks. Pile it on to the pavlova and top with the fruit and lime zest.