Salted cashew nut brittle
Makes 225g |
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 100g Fairtrade cashew nuts
- sea salt
- Put the sugar, butter, water and a pinch of sea salt in a medium saucepan. Heat gently, shaking the pan until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat and boil for 4-5 minutes until the mixture turns a light golden brown. Add cashew nuts and stir with a wooden spoon, very briefly, to coat them in the caramel.
- Tip onto a sheet of oiled foil or baking paper, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and leave to cool.
- When set, break into pieces to serve. This will keep for about 5 days in a screw-top jar.