Individual strawberry and cream cheesecakes
Makes 6 | prep 30 mins plus chilling time | total time
- 8 digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 40g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g full fat soft cheese by Sainsbury's
- 75g caster sugar
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 200ml double cream by Sainsbury's, whipped
- 200g small strawberries by Sainsbury's, hulled and quartered
- 2 tbsp strawberry conserve, sieved
- Mix the crushed biscuits and butter together in a bowl. Divide evenly between 6 x 0.5l Kilner or screw-topped jars and press down firmly with the back of a teaspoon. Chill in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- Place the soft cheese in a large bowl and beat in the sugar, lemon juice and zest until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Carefully spoon the filling over the biscuit bases. Tap each jar firmly on a worktop a couple of times to level the surface of the filling. Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Mix together the strawberries and sieved conserve in a small bowl then spoon over the top of the cheesecakes. Secure the lids on the jars and tie a spoon to the side of each jar. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours. The cheesecakes will keep in the fridge for 1 day.