White chocolate and pecan cookies
Makes 16 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 115g Anchor® butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 115g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g pecan nuts, half finely chopped and half roughly chopped
- 175g self-raising flour
- 60g white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, fan 160ºC, gas 4. Lightly grease two large baking sheets.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl and beat together until pale and creamy. Beat in the golden syrup and vanilla extract. Sift over the flour and add the finely chopped pecans then mix with a wooden spoon to form a rough dough.
- Divide and lightly roll the dough into about 16 balls. Place well-spaced apart on the baking sheets and flatten each dough ball with your fingertips to a rough circle about 5cm in diameter. Sprinkle over the roughly chopped pecan nuts and the white chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes until the cookies have spread and are just golden around the edges. Leave on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes to firm up then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.