Chocolate chip cookies
Makes 12 | prep 15 minutes | total time
- 135g unsalted butter
- 80g Billington's Unrefined Light Muscovado Sugar
- 80 Billington's Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1/2 tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
- 190g plain white flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, fan 150°C, gas 3. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars until pale, then add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix together well.
- Sift in the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and add to the butter mixture. Mis thoroughly until a dough forms then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Break off pieces of the dough, about 1 tablespoon in size and roll into balls. Place on the baking sheets, leaving about 5cm space inbetween each to allow them to spread out during baking.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown.