Rice pop nests
Makes 2 nests | prep 10 mins | total time
- 50g butter
- 50g golden syrup
- 100g Belgian dark cooking chocolate (60% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 75g rice pops cereal
- foil-wrapped and mini candy-coated eggs to fill
- Melt the butter and syrup in a medium pan and, when melted, add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Add the cereal and stir until well coated.
- Line two 500ml basins or deep cereal bowls with clingfilm then spoon the chocolate crispy mixture inside, pressing it halfway up the side of the basin with the back of a spoon, to make a nest shape. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours until set.
- To serve, turn out the nests and remove the clingfilm. Fill the nests with eggs and, if giving as a gift, seal inside a clear bag and tie with ribbon.