Chicken sweetcorn pancakes with chilli jam
Makes 25 | prep 30 mins | total time
- 75g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 large egg
- 8 tbsp thick Greek yogurt
- 100g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- a drizzle of oil, for frying
- 1 x 160g pack cooked sweet chilli chicken, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp chilli jelly
- small mint leaves, to serve
Make the pancakes the day before, then warm the pancakes through before serving
- Put the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg and Greek yogurt and whisk until smooth and thick. Stir in the sweetcorn.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan and fry small teaspoonfuls of the mixture in batches for a minute or so on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside on kitchen paper, flatten with a palette knife and repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Top each pancake with a piece of sweet chilli chicken, a little chilli jelly and a couple of small mint leaves.