Cinnamon and orange carrot cake
Serves 16 | prep 10 mins | total time 1 hr 15 mins
- 200g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 115g plain flour
- 350g caster sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- zest of 1 orange
- 100g pecans, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 250g Stork, softened
- 4 medium eggs
For the topping
- 200g cream cheese
- 100g Stork
- 350g icing sugar
- 2 dstspn orange juice
- 1 level tsp ground cinnamon
- handful pecan nuts
- 100g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, 160°C fan.
- Mix all the dry cake ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the carrot and then gradually beat in the Stork and eggs. Pour into a greased and bottom lined 22cm deep cake tin.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes then remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- To make the topping, place the cream cheese, Stork, icing sugar and orange juice in a bowl and mix well. Spread over the cake and dust with the ground cinnamon. Top with pecans and fresh raspberries.