Fig, pear, banana and berry Bircher muesli
Fig, pear, banana and berry Bircher muesliSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
- 250g porridge oats
- 2 tbsp oatmeal (optional)
- 250ml apple juice
- 150ml low-fat natural yogurt
- 75g dried figs, chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- zest and juice of 1 small orange
- 2 tbsp shelled pistachios, cut into slivers
- 1 pear, cored and chopped (skin left on)
- 1 small banana, peeled and chopped
- 150g frozen raspberries or blueberries, defrosted
- 6 tsp honey, for drizzling
Make to the end of step 1 up to 4 days ahead.
Mix together the oats, oatmeal, if using, apple juice, yogurt, figs, carrot, orange zest and juice, and the pistachios. At this stage, you can keep the muesli covered in the fridge for a few days.
Before eating, stir in the pear, banana and berries, and drizzle with honey.
This is a really easy do-ahead breakfast. Its name originates from the Swiss doctor Dr Bircher-Benner who created this type of muesli