Garlic and herb tear ‘n’ share bread
Makes 1 tear 'n' share loaf | prep 35 mins | total time
- 1 x Paul Hollywood Garlic & Herb Tear ‘n’ Share Bread Mix
- 50ml olive oil
- 320ml cool water
- Tip the mix into a large bowl. Add the oil and 250ml of cool water and mix together using an electric mixer with a dough hook or you can do it by hand. Add slightly more water a little at a time until you have a soft, sticky dough.
- Tip the dough onto an oiled work surface and knead. Continue kneading for 10 minutes. The dough will become less sticky and feel smooth and silky when ready. Place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover until the dough has doubled in size (approximately 1-2 hours).
- Lightly grease and line a 23-inch round cake tin ready to place the bread in.
Tip Top tip: try sprinkling sesame and poppy seeds onto each segment before baking.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knock back to remove the air. Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces and roll each one into a ball.
- Place one dough ball at the centre of the baking tin and arrange the rest of the dough balls around it. Cover with a clean plastic bag. Leave the dough balls to prove until doubled in size. This should take about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 6. Place the loaf on the middle shelf and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Brush with melted butter and serve while still warm.