Makes 12 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 125g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 350g plain flour
- 175g polenta
- 150g granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 500ml double cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 x 198g tin sweetcorn, drained, or use the equivalent weight of fresh or frozen
Make up to 2 days ahead. It can also be frozen
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Grease a 5cm-deep 20cm square baking tin with melted butter. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, polenta, sugar, baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric food mixer or with an electric hand whisk, combine the melted butter, double cream and eggs. On a slow speed, gradually add the dry ingredients until everything is combined and no lumps remain. Stir the sweetcorn into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour until lightly golden and springy to the touch. Cut into 12 squares and serve.