Pink fizz punch
Makes 1.25 litres | Serves 6-8 |
- 1 x 750ml bottle pink sparkling wine or pink Champagne
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 strips lemon zest, plus extra to decorate
- 250ml pomegranate juice, plus seeds to decorate
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Dissolve the caster sugar in 300ml water with 2 strips of lemon zest, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix with the pomegranate juice and lemon juice. Chill for at least 1 hour until cold.
- To serve, pour the chilled syrup into a large pitcher over ice cubes and add the bottle of pink Champagne or sparkling wine. Decorate with srips of lemon zest and pomegranate seeds.