Warm butter bean, chicken and chorizo salad
by Stephanie Brooks
It's a muggy Monday, so dinner tonight needs to be something delicious not too hot and not too heavy. This salad is ready in a flash, and full of flavour (thank you chorizo!) What's your favourite salad to make at home?
- 1 x 150g pack diced chorizo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 240g pack ready- cooked chicken
- 2 x 410g tins butter beans, drained
- juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 3 ready-roasted red peppers (from a jar), sliced
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 x 70g bag rocket
- Fry the chorizo in a frying pan until crisp; transfer to a platter using a slotted spoon.
- Add the olive oil to the frying pan, then stir-fry the chicken for 2 minutes. Stir in the butter beans, lemon juice, peppers and red onion. Cook together, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to the platter with the chorizo and stir in the parsley and rocket; season. Toss everything together and serve the salad with lemon wedges.