Sticky rice with chilli and coconut
by Sarah Alcock
Serve with the Speedy Asian baked seabass from our March issue
- 250g Thai fragrant rice
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- a few basil leaves, shredded
- Cook the rice in plenty of boiling well-salted water for 10 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, toast the coconut in a dry frying pan for a few minutes or until golden. Stir into the cooked rice with the chilli, reserving a little of each to scatter over the top. Scatter with the basil just before serving.