Spicy jerk pork burgers with pineapple salsa
- 4-6 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp crushed chillies
- 500g lean pork mince
- ½ x 90g jar spicy jerk paste
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 x 31g pack coriander, stalks and leaves chopped separately
- 1 x 432g tin pineapple pieces, drained
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 soft white sesame burger buns, halved
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 220°C, gas 7.
- Cut the sweet potatoes lengthways into wedges; transfer to a roasting tin. Add the olive oil, crushed chillies and season; toss. Bake for 20-30 minutes; turn halfway.
- In a bowl, mix together the pork mince, spicy jerk paste, half the spring onions and the coriander stalks. Season and shape into 4 patties.
- Transfer to a plate and chill for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Put the pineapple pieces into a bowl. Add the remaining spring onions, coriander leaves and chillies; season and mix well.
- Whiz a quarter of this mixture in a food processor until smooth. Mix into the bowl with the salsa.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Add the bun halves, cut side down, and toast briefly. Then add the burgers and cook for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve the burgers in buns, topped with the salsa, alongside the wedges.