Moroccan chicken bake
by Stephanie Brooks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout spice mix
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 200g couscous
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 400ml hot chicken stock
- seeds of ½ pomegranate
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ x 230g tub tzatziki
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole (with a lid).
- Add the chicken breasts, skin-side down, and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until golden. Turn over and cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and sprinkle with half of the ras el hanout spice mix.
- Add the onion to the pan and soften for 6-8 minutes, stirring. Stir in the remaining ras el hanout spice mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the couscous and dried apricots to the pan in an even layer, pour over the stock, put the chicken breasts on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Scatter the pomegranate seeds and parsley over the top and serve with the tzatziki.