Lemon and ginger pots
- 150g ginger snaps
- 50g butter
- 2 large eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 leaf fine-leaf gelatine
- 150ml double cream
- a few drops of Taste the Difference Sicilian lemon extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
- Whiz the ginger snaps into crumbs. Melt the butter in a pan, add the crumbs and stir well to combine. Spoon into 6 ramekins; chill.
- Whisk together the egg yolks (reserve the whites), the caster sugar and the lemon zest and juice. Soak the gelatine leaf in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Gently heat the double cream in a small pan until hot; remove from the heat. Squeeze out the water from the gelatine, add to the cream and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in a few drops of Taste the Difference Sicilian lemon extract, if using.
- Add the cream mixture to the yolk mixture and whisk until thick but not stiff.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the reserved egg whites until stiff, then fold these into the cream mixture until combined. Spoon over the chilled biscuit base and level the tops. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of just-boiled water into the lemon curd and drizzle over the lemon and ginger pots before serving.