Chorizo, chickpea and tomato one-pot
Serve in bowls, with plenty of warm crusty bread. It freezes well if you want to get ahead.
- 450g chorizo
- 200ml red wine
- 1 x 540g jar Italian passata with onion and garlic
- 2 x 410g tins chickpeas, drained
- 2 roast peppers, from a jar, drained and cut into strips
- 100g SunBlush tomatoes, drained
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cut the sausage into chunky slices.
- Brown in a large pan for 4-5 minutes over a highish heat, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the wine and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or so until reduced by half.
- Tip in the passatta, chickpeas, red pepper strips and SunBlush tomatoes. Bring back to a simmer, season and bubble, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring now and then. Scatter with the parsley.