Chicken schnitzel with fennel slaw
- 1 x 135g tub Taste the Difference lemon and cracked black pepper breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 apple, such as Cox
- ½ lemon, plus lemon wedges
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced
- 4 tbsp soured cream and chive dip
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Tip the crumbs into a shallow bowl, add the fennel seeds; mix. Put the egg into another bowl.
- Bash the chicken between clingfilm until 1cm thick. Dry with kitchen paper; dip in the egg, then the crumbs. Transfer to a plate lined with baking paper.
- For the slaw, quarter and core the apple; finely slice. Transfer to a bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon and toss. Add the fennel, the dip and mustard. Season; add more lemon to taste. Set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken in 2 batches over a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side; clean the pan and add more oil halfway.
- Serve the chicken with the slaw and lemon wedges.