Buffalo mozzarella and pea salad
by Stephanie Brooks
- 300g fresh shelled peas
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 3 heaped tbsp parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 x 75g bag baby-leaf watercress
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 3 x 125g packs Taste the Difference buffalo mozzarella, drained
- Boil the peas in salted water for 3 minutes until just cooked. Drain and refresh in cold water. Set aside half of the peas.
- Transfer the remaining peas to a food processor with the crème fraîche, parmesan, half the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and a good pinch of sea salt. Whiz together for about 3 minutes until smooth.
- Tip the pea purée into a bowl and leave it to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes – the flavour will probably mellow, so add a little more grated parmesan, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Put the watercress and reserved peas in a bowl. Add the olive oil and some seasoning, and toss together.
- To serve, tear up the mozzarella balls and arrange on a large serving platter. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and a little lemon juice, and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Spoon some of the purée over the cheese. Scatter over the watercress and pea salad, then sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest and parmesan.
Serve with griddled bread drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil