Blackened shrimp and grapefruit salad
When editor Helena Lang came back from her trip to Barbados last summer, she raved about this yummy salad. Luckily for us, the Cobblers Cove hotel were kind enough to share their recipe.
You can read more about Helena's trip in the May issue.
- 1 x 180g pack large raw prawns, deveined, washed and patted dry
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 80g mixed salad leaves
- 1 x 180g pack chicory, leaves separated
- 1 large orange, peeled, pith removed and cut into segments
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, pith removed and cut into segments
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- ½ red or orange pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ½ tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ½ tsp Tabasco
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Toss the prawns in the paprika in a bowl. Griddle the prawns on both sides until slightly blackened and cooked through. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss the leaves and chicory with the remaining salad ingredients.
- For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together and season to taste. Toss with the salad, pile on to plates and scatter over the prawns.