Baked nectarines with honey and pine nuts
by Sarah Randell
Are you having friends round for dinner this week? If you're looking for a pudding that doesn't take hours to make and isn't too heavy, then baked nectarines or peaches are ideal. it's also a great way of using up fruit before it gets too ripe.
What's your favourite fruity pud? Tell us in the comments box below.
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- sprig of rosemary
- 8 ripe nectarines or peaches
- 125 raspberries
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- vanilla ice cream or yogurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Heat 30g butter and 2 tbsp clear honey with a small sprig of rosemary, leaves separated, in a small pan until the butter has melted and the mixture is warm.
- Arrange eight ripe but firm nectarine (or peach) halves, cut-side up, in a shallow baking dish. Pour over the honey mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, basting halfway.
- Scatter with 125g raspberries and 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts. Leave to cool. Eat warm or cold with vanilla ice cream or thick yogurt.