Amaretto, pear and hazelnut crumble
by Sarah Randell
The perfect pud after Sunday lunch. Serve with whipped cream.
- 4 firm but ripe pears
- 400g rhubarb
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp amaretto
- FOR THE CRUMBLE:
- 125g plain flour
- 125g demerara sugar
- 75g amaretto biscuits, crumbled
- 1 x 100g pack hazelnuts (blanched or skin on), roughly chopped
- 150g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Peel, core and slice the pears. Trim and chop the rhubarb. Toss the pears and rhubarb in a bowl with the sugar, amaretto and 3 tablespoons water. Tip into a 1.5 litre ovenproof baking dish.
- For the crumble, mix the flour, sugar, crumbled biscuits and chopped hazelnuts together in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients and stir together to combine. Scatter over the fruit and bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve with whipped cream.