Oreo cheesecake bites
Makes 36 bites | prep 25 minutes | total time
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 115g butter
- 3 x 300g packs soft cheese by Sainsbury's
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 250ml soured cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 115g dark chocolate (minimum 70%), broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas 3. Line the base and sides of a 33cm x 23cm baking tin with foil, leaving enough to extend over the edges.
- For the base, finely crush 24 of the cookies and place in a bowl. Melt 60g of the butter and stir into the cookie crumbs. Press the mixture into the base of the prepared tin, levelling the surface with the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- For the filling, place the soft cheese and sugar in a large bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon until smooth. Gradually beat in the eggs, soured cream and vanilla extract. Roughly chop the remaining cookies and gently fold into the cheesecake mixture. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit base.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the centre is almost set, but still wobbles a little. Leave in the tin until cold, then chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- For the chocolate glaze, place the rest of the butter and the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Leave for 20 minutes to cool and thicken slightly then spread over the cheesecake. Chill for 30 minutes until set. Use the overlapping foil to carefully lift the cheesecake from the tin, cut into 36 pieces and serve.