Turmeric roasted cauliflower with tahini and pomegranate
Serves 8 as a side or as part of a mezze | prep 25 mins | total time
- 3kg cauliflower, broken up into 3-4 cm florets, leaves and stalk discarded
- ¾ tsp ground turmeric
- 75ml olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g tahini
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ x 28g pack parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
- seeds of 1 small pomegranate
- Preheat the oven to 240°C, fan 220°C, gas 9, or as high as it will go.
- Put the cauliflower florets in a large bowl with the turmeric, oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt and a good grind of black pepper. Mix well, then transfer onto 2 large lined baking trays and roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked and starting to brown but still retains a bite.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the tahini, pomegranate molasses and lemon juice in a medium bowl, along with 75-100ml water and salt to taste.
- To serve, transfer to the cauliflower to a large platter, drizzle over some of the tahini sauce (serve the rest on the side) and sprinkle with the parsley and pomegranate seeds.