Anchovy and tomato bruschetta
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 4 thick slices sour dough bread
- 1 x 100g jar La Monégasque Anchovy Fillets a la Provençale
- 200g on the vine cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 x 280g jar chargrilled peppers antipasto, drained and sliced
- 150g mozzarella, drained and torn into small pieces
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Drain the oil from the anchovies and pour in a large bowl. Brush a little of the drained oil onto both sides of each slice of bread.
- Heat a cast-iron griddle pan until very hot then add the slices of bread and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly charred. Cut each slice in half.
- Put the tomatoes, peppers and mozzarella in the bowl and toss well to coat. Pile on top of the chargrilled bread and top with the anchovy fillets.
- Drizzle over any remaining oil left in the bowl, season with freshly ground black pepper and scatter over the basil leaves.