Popcorn chicken nachos
- 200g Greek-style natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1½ tsp garlic granules
- 3⁄4 tsp paprika
- 1 x 410g pack diced chicken breast
- 75g panko or other dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra to grease
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 1 x 200g pack tortilla chips
- 100g sweetcorn, drained or defrosted
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeno chillies
- 150g grated mozzarella or cheddar
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
Step by step
- Mix together half each of the yogurt and lime juice with 1⁄2 teaspoon of garlic granules and 1⁄4 teaspoon of paprika in a bowl, plus some seasoning. Cut any larger pieces of chicken into smaller chunks and stir into the yogurt mixture. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes (or longer if you can).
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Mix the rest of the garlic granules and paprika with the breadcrumbs in a bowl. Drain the chicken from its marinade then toss a few pieces at a time in the crumbs to coat. Repeat until all of the chicken is coated, then spread out on a large oiled baking tray. Drizzle with 11⁄2 tablespoons of oil and turn to coat lightly. Add the red pepper and spring onions to another tray and coat in the remaining oil.
- Roast on the top oven shelf for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is crisp and cooked through, and the veg have softened, turning after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread out the tortilla chips in a large shallow baking dish (about 20cm x 30cm) and bake for 5 minutes to crisp up. Scatter the sweetcorn, jalapenos and two-thirds of the cheese over the tortilla chips and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Stir the rest of the lime juice and yogurt together in a small bowl; season to taste.
- Stir the popcorn chicken and roasted veg together then tip over the nachos and scatter with the rest of the cheese. Bake for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is just melting. Remove from the oven and drizzle with barbecue sauce and the lime yogurt, then serve immediately.