Zingy carrot salad
Serves 8 | prep 25 mins | total time
- 1kg carrots
- 50g root ginger
- 1 large red chilli (not bird eye), deseeded and finely chopped
- 75g raisins
- 1 x 100g pack mixed seeds (try a mixture of pumpkin, sunflower, golden linseed and sesame)
- 1 large bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 x 31g packs coriander, leaves only, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- lime wedges, to serve
You can have all the ingredients for this salad weighed out and prepared but it's better to mix everything just before you serve it, so it stays nice and crunchy.
- Peel and coarsely grate the carrots and ginger and put into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and a little salt to taste and toss well. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip Serve with anything Indian or Asian: satay sticks, chicken tikka or tandoori chicken, Thai-flavoured chicken burgers, spiced-up beef burgers, or grilled chicken.