Makes 16 | prep 25 mins | total time
- 200g white or wholemeal spelt flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp fast-action dried yeast
- ½ x 28g pack flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 25g grated Parmesan, or vegetarian alternative
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and whiz together briefly to blend. Add 125ml tepid water and bring together as a ball of dough.
- Place in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to rise for 1½ hours at room temperature. The dough will only rise a little bit, this process is more about boosting the flavour and texture.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Cut the dough into 16 pieces. Roll out, one at a time, on a work surface lightly dusted with extra spelt flour, until the crisp bread measures about 8cm x 18cm. Transfer to a lined baking tray and repeat with the rest of the dough – you'll need 2 large baking trays.
- Bake the crispbreads for 10-12 minutes until crisp, rotating the baking trays during cooking so that they cook evenly. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.