Cheat’s sausage lasagne
Serves 6 | total time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g packs Sicilian-style sausages
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 x 390g cartons chopped tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 1 x 250g pack fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 x 250g tub mascarpone
- 100g ready grated mozzarella
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Remove the sausage meat from the skins and break it up into the pan. Cook over a high heat, breaking up the meat into smaller chunks and stirring until coloured all over. Stir in the garlic and fennel seeds; cook for a minute until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes, season and bring to the boil.
- Spoon a third of the sausage mixture into a 20cm x 30cm ovenproof dish, and top with 2 sheets of lasagne. Repeat with the remaining sausage and lasagne sheets to make
3 layers. Dot the mascarpone over the top and season well.
- Scatter over the mozzarella and Parmesan. Pop the dish on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling.