Kiwi fruit platter with chilli and lime syrup
Serves 6 | prep 15 mins plus cooling | total time
- 2 large limes
- 125g granulated sugar
- 1/4 small red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 3 Taste the Difference golden kiwi
- 3 kiwi fruit by Sainsbury's
- a handful of fresh mint leaves, to decorate
- Use a potato peeler to pare a few thin strips of rind from one of the limes and place in a small pan with sugar. Squeeze the juice from both the limes into a measuring jug then add enough cold water to make the liquid up to 200ml liquid.
- Pour the liquid into the pan, add the chilli and heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Bring to the boil then simmer for 8-10 mins, without stirring, until syrupy. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the syrup to cool.
- Peel all the kiwi fruit and thinly slice. Arrange the slices on a serving platter and spoon over the syrup. Chill for about 30 mins before serving decorated with fresh mint leaves