‘Edible garden’ crudités and dips
Serves 8 | total time
For the tapenade ‘soil’
- 1 x 150g pot black pitted olives
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste from a 90g jar
- 6 anchovies, rinsed (optional)
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 black garlic cloves, or 1 regular garlic clove, peeled
For the lemon, cream cheese and chive ‘grass’
- 1 x 180g pack full-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g Parmesan, finely grated
- zest and juice 1⁄2 a lemon
- 1 x 25g pack chives, finely chopped
For the vegetable crudités
- 1 x 100g pack asparagus tips
- 8 radishes, halved (or 12 whole small radishes)
- 100g baby corn
- 75-100g broccoli florets (or the tips of Tenderstem broccoli)
- 75-100g baby Chantenay carrots
- 125-150g cauliflower florets
- 75-100g small Vittoria tomatoes
Make the 'soil' and the dip the day before and keep chilled.
- To make the tapenade soil, simply whiz the ingredients together in a food processor until finely chopped, or use a hand blender. Spread a thick layer of tapenade down one side of a board or slate that measures about 25 x 35cm.
- Combine the cream cheese, soured cream, garlic, Parmesan, lemon zest and lemon juice, and a pinch of salt to taste, for the second dip. Spread a thick layer on the other half of the board and scatter with the chives, to resemble grass. Chill if you are making in advance.
- Trim the vegetables so they stand up easily and arrange them in rows in the 'soil' and 'grass' to serve.