Serves 4 | total time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Mexican spice blend (from a 50g tub)
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin mixed pulses in water, drained
- 1 x 31g pack coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan or casserole. Add the onion, red pepper and courgette; cover and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Stir in the garlic and spice mix and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and pulses. Fill the empty tin of tomatoes with water and add to the pan, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Then stir in half the coriander and the juice of ½ lime. Season to taste.
- Cut the remaining lime half into wedges. Serve the chilli with rice and soured cream, diced avocado and tortilla chips on the side. Finish with the remaining coriander and lime wedges to squeeze over.