Seafood and chorizo paella
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g diced chorizo
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 250g paella rice
- a pinch of saffron
- 3 pinches of paprika
- 750ml hot chicken or fish stock
- 175-200g raw prawns, shells on or off
- 200g firm white fish, such as haddock loin fillet, cut into chunks
- 200g fresh mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- a handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves
- lemon wedges, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, brown the chorizo, then transfer it to a plate.
Soften the onion and pepper in the oil for 5 minutes, then stir in the garlic and cook for a few minutes. Stir in the rice, saffron, paprika, chorizo and a little salt.
Pour in the stock, stir and leave the rice to cook gently, without a lid, for 20 minutes.
Tip If you would like this to be a gluten-free recipe, please ensure that your stock is guaranteed gluten-free.
Push the prawns into the rice; scatter over the fish and mussels. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Leave to rest for 10 minutes, or until the seafood and fish are cooked; discard mussels that don’t open. Serve with the parsley and lemon wedges.